The Patient Support Coordinator will be responsible for serving as a support to the Patient Support Specialist who is the dedicated point of contact for healthcare providers/patients for their reimbursement and access needs in his/her geographic zone. The Coordinator will help patients and healthcare providers navigate through patient support and reimbursement issues. This position reports to the Manager of Patient Support and Reimbursement.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Act as a reimbursement navigator for patients, healthcare providers and pharmacies that opt into Patient Support services for both oral and IV products.
• Support the dedicated Patient Support Specialists in managing case loads within their geographic zones and provide seamless coverage for other Patient Support Specialists’ case loads when necessary.
o Accurately and thoroughly document case notes
o Provide timely resolution to open cases
o Communicate with the patient/authorized representative, healthcare provider and specialty pharmacy to manage expectations
o Ability to manage critical conversations with patients, healthcare providers and pharmacies
o Comprehensive assessment of each case to determine appropriate avenue to maximize patient access to products.
Respond to reimbursement questions
Identify alternative resources available
Provide guidance through Medicare Part D enrollment
Determine eligibility for free goods program
Provide support to customers in the implementation of REMs programs
• Develop and maintain an understanding of market access challenges. Utilize expertise to educate patients, healthcare providers and internal cross-functional partners.
• Effective collaboration within a team to enhance access of products.
• Effectively work with reimbursement vendor to determine patient eligibility for assistance.
• Bachelor’s degree REQUIRED in addition to 2-4 years experience in oncology, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry. RN, RPH, MSW, CPhT REQUIRED.
• Has knowledge of IV and oral product reimbursement
• Understanding of the healthcare industry, including both private and government payer landscape
• Utilize critical thinking to problem-solve access challenges
• Utilize emotional intelligence
• Empathetic listening skills in order to interact effectively with patients and providers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lead presentations that effectively impact understanding of key messages
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Ability to balance independent priorities with the priorities of the team/organization
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task and self-prioritize workload
• Proven experience resolving customer issues
• Works with all members of a team effectively
• Willingness to travel a plus
• Willingness to work a variety of shifts
• Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking a plus