CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team supporting the development of novel therapeutics.
• Development, validation and implementation of cell-based high throughput screening assays and compound profiling
• Maintain cell lines to support drug discovery efforts
• Enter and analyze data using software such as Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism, and IDBS ActivityBase
• Maintain an accurate, comprehensible, current laboratory journal
• Train others on new skills and procedures
• Communicate results in written and oral presentations. Write protocols, procedures and technical reports
• Bachelor’s degree in Biological and Biomedical Sciences, or Microbiology, Genetics, Biology, Immunology, Virology or Biochemistry
• Four years of experience in a laboratory environment with at least two years in drug discovery research.
• Successful candidates will be able to conduct experimental protocols with minimal supervision and analyze and troubleshoot experiments.
• Candidates should demonstrate experience with cell-based assay development, cell line maintenance and tissue culture, immunoassays, flow cytometry, small-scale protein purification, SDS-PAGE and Immunoblot.
• Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office software, GraphPad Prism, statistical programs and have exceptional organizational skill and ability to accurately document activities.
• Candidates should have excellent organizational and time management skills and be willing to work occasionally weekend and evening hours.
• Strong communication skills with the demonstration of emotional intelligence and the ability to work within a matrix organization are essential.